- 冬至 Winter solstice (December 22)
冬至 Winter solstice (December 22)
This is Sumiya Kiho-an.
Well, yesterday was special day in Japan, because it was the day of the winter solstice, called ‘toji’ .
Toji is the day of the year having the shortest period of sunlight, and it is said in Japan that taking yuzu-yu (a yuzu citron bath) and eating Toji-gayu (winter solstice rice gruel), which is azuki-gayu (rice gruel with red beans), and pumpkins on the day prevent catching cold.
Our guests who were staying here had enjoyable moment to take Onsen bath with yuzu citron fruits,it helps to immerse yourself in the time-honored Japanese traditional custom. We always welcome you in four season.
- News about operation off’s days and renew guestrooms will be opened in March!
- New Year’s greetings 2017
- Appreciation for you in 2016, Wish you happy new year 2017!
- 冬至 Winter Solstice “To-Ji”
- Kyoto illumiere 2016-2017
- Notice for the operation of packages for lunch and onsen
- Today’s exclusive event!
- Wine promotion fair in Autumn!
- Cosmos flower park is opened!
- Highly rated certification from Hotels.com!
- 2017 / 1 / (2)
- 2016 (24)
- 2015 (29)
- 2014 (5)